Unified archive manages and secures sensitive ESI
Octane’s ESI preservation repository is an integrated archive that streamlines workflow, ensures defensibility and allows for flexible management and hosting of responsive ESI.
Native ESI is preserved in a defensible archive for long term hold. Email is captured using a unique binary collection of content from the database. Email is not converted to eml or msg formats but remains in its original bit-for-bit representation which ensure extreme defensibility and accuracy.
Octane’s archive is a high-performance repository that provides flexible access and query capabilities. The archive can be hosted in a lab or in the cloud for convenient collaboration. ESI can be searched, tagged and culled within the archive in order to refine the data set. User profiles can be defined allow controlled access to the content allowing for review by third parties.
Octane’s Preservation Advantages at a Glance:
- Unified platform - Full integration with collection and processing capabilities. As ESI is identified is can be culled and managed through the process within a single platform. This approach streamlines the process, controls costs and resources, and ensures defensibility and chain of custody through a single audit trail.
- Supports all data sources – ESI can be collected from a variety of data sources, from online networks to legacy backup tapes. The Octane platform will track ESI that has been collected and ensure that duplicate copies will not be collected from other sources causing redundant copies of content.
- Automated culling - As ESI is collected and preserved in the archive it can be automatically deduplicated, deNISTed, and culled based on any metadata or full text filter. These filters can be predefined and configured to automatically process ESI as it is added to the archive.
- ESI management – ESI managed in Octane can be culled, filtered, reported, and tagged to organize and segment the content. As queries change and requests are modified the archive can be used to manage new requests without the need to return to the original source.
- Integrated review – When native ESI is required for review it can be extracted from the archive, ensuring metadata is reliable and accurate, and integrated into popular review platforms. Load files are available to import metadata and content as well as direct integration with Relativity©
- Hosted archive – ESI can be securely hosted (cloud or local) in Octane for short-term projects or long term preservation. Cloud hosting provides convenient and secure access to responsive ESI by those that require it.
- High performance - Octane is architected to support the largest and most complex environments. Speed and flexibility are the foundation of this platform ensuring that all ESI is quickly available when you need it.