Paying to maintain legacy backup catalogs is expensive. Getting data off legacy tape has been a long, complex process. Ignoring backup data archives can be a governance nightmare. Index Engines empowers organizations to make smarter decisions regarding legacy backup data through patented direct indexing technology that does not require the original backup software. This non-invasive scan of backup images on tape or disk allows intelligence to be obtained about the contents: files types, dates, users, and more. Extraction allows the selection and specific content to be gathered for ad hoc requests or a complete compliance-driven migration.
- Introduction: Legacy Backup Infrastructure Transformation
- Demonstration: Legacy Backup Infrastructure Transformation
- How to Retire Non-Production Backup Formats
- Migrating Legacy Backup Data
- Workflow: Catalog Reports
- Workflow Retire Legacy Platforms