Preservation of sensitive content for compliance and eDiscovery
Catalyst takes a fundamentally different approach from traditional archives, specializing in value-based archiving, which only archives what is required for legal hold and compliance preservation requests, and not yet another replication of all user files and email. This unique feature makes the legal discovery process time and cost-effective.
Catalyst takes a new approach when securing sensitive user data for legal hold and preservation. Using the Catalyst collection capabilities relevant unstructured files and email can be identified based on document properties, metadata, user mailbox, or even keywords and automatically preserved.
Data can be identified from any source including online networks, desktops, email servers, SharePoint and even legacy backup tapes. Identifying what has value and should be kept for long term preservation eliminates the save-everything strategy and streamlines the archiving process. Many organizations have found that less than 10% of unstructured data needs to be retained for long term business purposes, versus the 100% retention of traditional archiving solutions that merely replicate all data.
Polices can be defined within the Catalyst platform in order to automatically identify new content and move it to the repository for long term storage and legal hold. Retention periods can be assigned in order to ensure the content is not preserved beyond any legal or regulatory requirements. The Catalyst Archive is designed to preserve only the data required for legal and compliance and not everything.
With Catalyst Archiving, You'll Receive:
- Unified platform - Full integration with collection and processing capabilities. As sensitive data is identified it can be culled and managed through the process within a single platform. This approach streamlines the process, controls costs and resources, and ensures defensibility and chain of custody through a single audit trail.
- Support for all data sources – Data can be collected from a variety of data sources, from online networks to legacy backup tapes. The Catalyst platform will track data that has been collected and ensure that duplicate copies will not be collected from other sources causing redundant copies of content.
- Automated culling - As data is collected and preserved in the archive it can be automatically deduplicated, deNISTed, and culled based on any metadata or full-text filter. These filters can be predefined and configured to automatically process data as it is added to the archive.
- Integrated review – When native data is required for review it can be extracted from the archive, ensuring metadata is reliable and accurate, and integrated into popular review platforms. Load files are available to import metadata and content as well as direct integration with Relativity©
- Hosted archive – Data can be securely hosted (cloud or local) in Catalyst for short-term projects or long term preservation. Cloud hosting provides convenient and secure access to responsive data by those that require it.
- High performance – Catalyst is architected to support the largest and most complex environments. Speed and flexibility are the foundation of this platform ensuring that all data is quickly available when you need it.