Streamline storage management and secure sensitive data
Catalyst's data disposition options enable you to build and automate policies to manage this data. The built-in disposition capabilities within the Catalyst engine make constructing and enforcing information management, compliance, defensible deletion or other retention policies simple, defensible and automated.
Set parameters around what data exists, who owns it, file type, when it was last accessed and where it’s located. Classification of data can then take place followed by disposition and retention policies though this ground-level process.
Disposition can include many actions on the data including purging documents with no legal hold requirement or business value, moving data to less expensive or more secure storage like the cloud or offline, coping files to legal hold archives, and even encrypting sensitive content to protect against breaches.
Built-in disposition capabilities include:
- Copy – Migrate or tier data to any network share. Data will be copied and stored on a less expensive or more appropriate location and all metadata will remain unchanged. These options can include the cloud or offline storage options.
- Archive – Using profiling to find files by type, keywords, dates, owners, departments and more will find content of value and allow it to be migrated to Catalyst’s value based archive.
- Deletion with Validation –Manage the defensible deletion of unstructured data using validation to ensure the content has not changed since it was profiled. Validation checks the modified date or optionally the signature of the document.
- Defensible audit logs – As disposition of the data is performed, including deletion, logs will be maintained that detail the date and disposition of the document, including the user that executed the disposition. Enables secure execution of defensible deletion, migration and archiving policies.
- Output listings – Full path and filename listings are available through a downloadable text file, allowing the use of third party tools and utilities to manage disposition. This would include options to encrypt or secure data.