Index Engines maintains logs of all disposition activity, including data deletion that detail the date and disposition of the file including the user that executed the disposition. This enables secure and reliable execution of defensible deletion, migration, extraction and archiving policies.
Archiving is built into the Index Engines platform allowing for an integrated workflow that supports legal hold and long-term retention. Based on policy, specific files or email can be archived and preserved through the intuitive user interface. Retention policies can be defined for the relevant data and the native files and email can be managed to support data governance requirements. As disposition of the data is performed, including deletion, logs will be maintained that detail the date and disposition of the document, including the user that executed the disposition. Enables secure execution of defensible deletion, migration and archiving policies.
- Copy/Migrate: Migrate or tier data to any network share. Data will be copied and stored on a less expensive or more appropriate location and all metadata will remain unchanged. These options can include the cloud or offline storage options. Also, migrate data to Relativity to support eDiscovery review.
- Archive: Using profiling to find files by type, keywords, dates, owners, departments and more will find content of value will be located, allowing it to be migrated to Index Engines' long-term retention archive.
- Extraction: Once responsive data is identified, data can be extracted from the source in native format, or in Index Engines Load File Format, prepared for upload into a review platform such as Relativity.
- Deletion with Validation: Manage the defensible deletion of unstructured data using validation to ensure the content has not changed since it was profiled. Validation checks the modified date or optionally the signature of the document.
- Output listings for 3rd party tools: Full path and filename listings are available through a downloadable text file, allowing the use of third party tools and utilities to manage disposition. This would include options to encrypt or secure data.
- Produce Data for Review: Produce a dataset to take to a review tool and take control behind the firewall.