- Index Engines: Scales to federated, petabyte environments with powerful metadata and full content search.
- Varonis: Not architected to support large data center environments that require metadata and full content search.
- Index Engines: Virtual server can support large data volumes, no agents or collectors required.
- Varonis: Requires network of Windows servers, collectors and SQL databases to support large-scale environments.
Complexity & Pricing
- Index Engines: All in one solution that provides cost effective search, classification, management and governance.
- Varonis: Requires add-on modules for additional features that make it expensive and complex.
- Index Engines: Architected as a governance solution to support personal data management and full content search.
- Varonis: Architected as a security solution, and not for governance where full content search is required.