Index Engines was architected to efficiently index data centers that support hundreds of terabytes, or even petabytes, of user files and email. Leveraging patented indexing technology, no other solution can scale to support extreme data environments which include sources such as network data, corporate email, archives and even legacy backup data.
Index Engines data indexing can reach speeds of 1TB per hour and deliver a range of indexing from light metadata to full-text content of files and email data. Data sources include the most diverse and comprehensive list of content, including network files and email, corporate email including Exchange and Notes, archives including SharePoint and Enterprise Vault, and also legacy backup data. No other solution supports this diverse range of content across the organization.
Beyond document metadata, Index Engines also captures Active Directory (AD) and ACLs metadata making it available for search and reporting. AD enables admins to search, report and classify users by their group membership, typically a department. This enables searching and reporting of users who are members of the research or human resources groups, for instance. ACLs metadata determines which users have read/write/browse permissions for the file. This is useful for reporting and classification of data during a security audit.
- Fast, scalable indexing with speeds reaching 1TB/hr, never have to wait while data is processed to begin searching and managing content.
- Federated indexing and search for distributed, large scale environments.
- Efficient and scalable platform with index sizes ranging from 1% of the data for metadata only, and 5% for full text content.
- Support for unstructured user data environments from networks and desktops, to corporate email (EDBs, NSF, PSTs, etc.), to archives including SharePoint and Enterprise Vault.
- Range of indexing from light metadata, to user mailboxes, to deep, full-text content.
- Support for deduplication via MD5 hash and document signature.