Index Engines manages enterprise email from the ground up to support legal hold, eDiscovery and compliance requirements for corporate email. Easy deployment, high-speed indexing and comprehensive access to manage and secure critical electronic messages is the foundation of the enterprise email platform.
Traditional email discovery and management solutions rely on published APIs, such as MAPI, taking a “top down” approach and crawling the file system or database of the repository to index the content. This process is extremely slow and prone to errors when faced with frequent broken links and database inconsistencies.
Index Engines offers the only solution that takes a “bottom up” approach with high-speed, bit-level indexing of the email repository. This approach provides more comprehensive results and significantly faster processing of email. No other email management solution has developed this level of support for corporate email environments.
Beyond high speed and comprehensive indexing, this process delivers a powerful interface used by legal teams and information management professionals to support eDiscovery or information governance requirements. Search email content or metadata fields to find and secure specific messages, attachments or entire mailboxes.
Take advantage of the powerful reporting interface to generate a summary of content, such as volume of email received from specific domains. Once data is discovered, policy and disposition can be determined.
Ignoring sensitive email content on servers and networks is a long-term risk and liability. Email is the foundation of all corporate communications and can contain very sensitive content such as client applications, credit reports, tax records and more. Understanding what exists, profiling the content, and developing a defensible and secure disposition plan supports today’s data governance strategies and mitigates risk and liability hidden in your data center.
Index Engines offers a number of solutions for email that simplify access and management of the content; these include:
- Data Profiling: Profile email at the catalog or full content level to understand what exists and make disposition decisions about the content including PSTs, PII and aged data.
- eDiscovery: Scan email required for litigation, search for specific content such as user mailboxes, and extract data to legal hold. This solution can be performed within your data center or in Index Engines cloud lab.
- FOIA and Regulatory Requests: For organizations that need to find and produce email content quickly and reliably, Index Engines meets the needs of many government agencies.
- Email Remediation: Manages long-term liability of the content. Additionally, remediation reduces annual expenses and recoups significant data center costs.
- Improve access and management of corporate email in support of legal, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Reduce the time and expense in collecting and preserving email in support of eDiscovery.
- Support large corporate email environments using high speed, patented indexing technology.
- Provides more comprehensive access of email due to unique bit-level indexing.
- Supports indexing and access to partial email databases as well as content residing in the tombstone or dumpster.
- High speed, comprehensive indexing of email databases including Microsoft Exchange (EDB, PST, etc.), IBM Lotus Notes (NSF) and others.
- Search, find, archive and extract email based on full-text and metadata search criteria according to policy.
- Extract content from email database or ingest it into Index Engines' Archive for long-term retention.
- Supports processing of production email environments or offline legacy copies existing on backup tapes and other storage media.
- Rapidly deployable, no complex integration required.